This week my Dead Space recordings will start going live, as Amnesia: The Dark Descent finished releasing last week. Last week also saw my second Audiosurf 2 video come out, so there is now a playlist for that game. I do have what I need to do more Audiosurf 2 videos but I have not done more yet, not needing them.
Sadly I had some technical difficulties with Dead Space and it was not until near the end that I found a solution. Basically all of the videos are going to be stuttery until the end. The solution I found is to not record using NVENC's lossless setting, but instead setting a bitrate (constant or variable, it does not matter). My best guess for the cause of the stuttering is some unfortunate interaction with the high framerate the game will play at (often over 100 FPS) and this either choking my computer somewhere, or the frames colliding with each other while being bounced around the system. Turns out this also happens with Dead Space 2, so I have been using a variable bitrate of 50 Mbps to great success (though I did accidentally select the wrong profile for one video, but it does not look to bad).
Anyway, after Dead Space will be Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which is already uploaded and scheduled. I am currently working on Dead Space 2 and after that, I am planning on taking a break from the pulse recordings. I don't know for how long, but I just feel like getting a reset to my fear. Fortunately I will have plenty of videos ready for such a break and I can always do some of the gaze tracking videos, but I am not sure. Taking a break just sounds like a nice idea now, so I am seriously considering it.
By the way, Outlast 2 releases April 25. I'm not sure how or when but I will get a copy (it would be awesome to have some luck with Red Barrels' PR, but I have learned not to keep my hopes up). I feel I need it because Outlast was the first game I started putting up, and that release date is just shy of the channel's first year. Sounds like perfect timing to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment