So I just discovered something that I wish I had known days ago. To cut down on file size, and hopefully improve the quality of the video files, I decided to do the final encoding with the x265 codec, instead of x264. I even remark on this in one of the videos. What I have just discovered though is that YouTube does not accept videos using the h.265 codec... which means, I have to re-encode almost every single file.
That is not as bad as it might sound though, for one specific reason: I have all of the original recordings. This is just going to be a cost of time, but is still pretty annoying. I mean, really, if I can work with h.265 video, why can't the big and mighty YouTube? It just needs the ability to decode the video, since everything gets reconverted to the format and settings it wants. Maybe that will come as more hardware decoders become available.
Anyway, I've finished off the Daylight recordings, so once they finish re-encoding, I can get them up and move on to the next game.
No comments:
Post a Comment